Question: How Do I Assess My Competitors and Position my Company to Win?
Answer: At some point during a TOP Line Account™ sales process the situation will be extremely competitive. (read more)
Answer: At some point during a TOP Line Account™ sales process the situation will be extremely competitive. The stakes are just too high and competitors seem to emerge out of
the woodwork. To translate your analysis into actions, apply the thought process below:
• Anticipate key competitor’s actions
• Develop tactics to block competitor’s initiatives
• Consider tactics to seed land mines for competitors
• Think through pre-emptive strike opportunities
When it comes to developing a competitive strategy, I usually recommend:
• Get in early to help shape the customer’s buying criteria; you can do this by introducing fresh ideas which can serve to initiate a sales process.
• Seek out questions, concerns and perceived risks early and address these completely so they don’t come up later in the sales cycle.
• Focus most of your time on your customer’s problems and opportunities (versus focusing on your competition).
• Clearly understand how your customer will measure impact and value.
• If possible, design a solution that locks out the competition.
• Best to convey your strengths versus attacking the competitor’s weaknesses.
• Rise above the competition with your knowledge of the client’s business and industry and your knowledge of your company’s resources, products and services.
• Ask what will make your decision-maker successful; what is their core motivation?